If you are ready to eliminate the stress and chaos that seems to surround dinner time with a family, or are simply looking for an easy way to make delicious food; then there are two things you need. One is the Instant Pot. If you haven’t heard of that, then holy cow mama! Get on over to this post on the Instant Pot and why you need this in your kitchen! The second is less common, but is the perfect match to the Instant Pot: it’s the Souis Vide!
If you’ve heard of it, then you know how amazing it is! Keep reading to find out my favorite one! If you haven’t, then get ready to hop on over to Amazon when you are done reading this because you are going to fall in love! This single product will help you transform your cooking into some of the most delicious food you will taste in your life. No, I am not exaggerating. This Souis Vide is that good!
Souis Vide (pronounced sou-veed) is a method of precision cooking that used to only be found in restaurants. It utilizes precise temperature control in order to yield consistent, perfect results.
It is as simple as 1, 2, 3
- Attach the precision cooker to a pot of water and set the time and temperature. These numbers will vary slightly depending on the level of doneness you want to achieve with your food.
- Season your food and place it in a vacuum sealed bag. This can either be done with a standard Ziplock baggie and vacuum sealing manually or with a vacuum sealing machine such as this one.
- When the food is done, finish by searing, grilling or broiling the food to add a crispy, golden outer layer! Our favorite is searing it!
Why use Suis Vide
This method uses precise temperature control using a water circulation bath in order to cook food that is consistently perfect. It requires more time and skill to replicate similar results using traditional methods of cooking. The reason – when using traditional methods of cooking, you don’t have control over heat and temperature. Consequently, it’s very difficult and time-consuming to consistently cook great food. Food ends up overcooked on the outside, with only a small portion in the center that is cooked to the temperature you want. Food loses flavor, overcooks easily, and ends up with a dry, chewy texture. Thus making this the perfect addition to the common household! Especially for people like me that are not the best cooks or simply don’t have the time 🙂
These are a few of the key benefits:
Consistency: By using a precise temperature and cooking time; this yields consistent results.
Taste: By cooking the food inside of a sealable bag or container, you are allowing the food to cook in its own juices. This results in moist, juicy and tender food every time! No flavor or taste is lost with this cooking method!
Less waste: Traditional ways of cooking result in more food waste because of food drying out during the cooking process. Sous Vide loses none of its volume resulting in zero food waste.
A more flexible method of cooking: With traditional methods of cooking, you have to be in the kitchen, over the stove, or watching the oven to ensure a good result. With sous vide precision cooking, the machine brings the water to an exact temperature and holds it there.
No need to watch over it, or worry if you have passed the necessary time required to cook the food! Get busy and forget the food? No worries, even 5 hours later and it will still be perfect!!!!
I have included these affiliate links for your shopping convenience. I understand that you have lots of options when you shop. When you choose to shop using these links, it doesn’t cost you anything, helps support our blog and I appreciate it!
What you need:
- Anova Sous Vide- I like this brand! Hubby did a ton of research and this was his favorite!
- Sear torch- this is the one we use and it works amazingly!
- Gallon or quart freezer Ziplock baggies- one for each piece of meat
- Large pot
- Plastic clips- something simple such as these will work.
While these certainly aren’t necessary, they will make cooking with a Sous vide even easier! If you choose to go this route, omit the Ziploc bags, the pot and plastic clips from what you need. These items will replace those DIY options.
- Acrylic bin– This is to place the vacuumed sealed meat into. It replaces the need of a pot.
- Metal rack– This secures the meat and keeps it submerged under water.
- Weights – These weights are an alternative option to the metal rack.
- Vacuum sealer– This keeps the meat airtight and water free while it cooks submerged in the water bath.
This method of cooking will yield the most tender flavorful results you have ever tasted. Think restaurant quality food quickly and easily in the comfort of your own home.
Simple, easy to use and affordable; get ready to consistently have the best food you have ever tasted!
This sous vide steak recipe is one of the favorite go-to’s in our house! What recipes with sous vide have you tried and love?!?!